The Sweet Sounds and Singing Strings of Dedicated Dulcimers
For anyone who enjoys the melodious sound of dulcimers – both hammered and mountain style – Roving Folk, on Phoenix Radio in Halifax, West Yorkshire – in association with the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club – brings you the:
Our aim is to give the Newsletter an added audio dimension. The latest edition of Dulcimer Junction – more than ever, this time, supports the music printed and made available in the Nonsuch Newsletter. The newsletter goes out to our members once a quarter, you can join here!
In this 2nd edition of the Audio Supplement we have an assortment of tracks which we hope you will find to be of interest … including contributions from Nonsuch members – John Shaw, Geoff Smith, & Lisa Warburton. Within the newsletter, you will find music to play from – and in this audio supplement, you will hear how it can sound – when demonstrated by our contributors.
To get that festival feel you are missing, browse Veteran Records Virtual Festival CD Stall while you listen!
Playlist for Audio Supplement No.2
- Howie & Ann Mitchell – Ruffles. See The Golden Ring – vinyl album (1964).
- Jim Couza – Chariots. Watch the Jim Couza Interview (1983) here.
- John Shaw – Shvartse Khasene
- Cythara – Ramble Away (1997)
- John Shaw – Old Town Band
- Geoff Smith – Searching for Lambs
- Tony Rose – Searching for Lambs
- Tim Simek & Mark Edelman – Sound of Silence. Watch the Video Link here
- Lisa Warburton – Machynlleth. Watch the videos here: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Malthouse Passage – Johnson’s & Sunshine Hornpipe