The Nonsuch committee wishes to support regional groups who would like to meet up in person during the summer, but may need help to do so. This might mean hiring a larger space or a different facility from normal in order to allow for a safe, socially-distanced gathering. We have budgeted to make small grants of up to between £50 and £100, depending upon the event.
Our guidelines for the grants are:
- Nonsuch will reimburse the event organiser for actual out-of-pocket expenses up to an agreed amount – you will need to provide receipts or proof of payment.
- Participants are still required to pay a fee or contribute to the event costs;
- The event organiser must be a Nonsuch member, but participants do not need to be Nonsuch members;
- The event organiser should apply for the grant and have agreement from Nonsuch before making any financial commitment that depends upon the grant;
- If your application is approved, we will ask the event organiser to sign an agreement and work with the club to help you make this sponsored event safe and successful.
- If you would like, you can also have an item on the Nonsuch website about your event, or even work with us on a booking form for taking registrations and payments, if needed.
After more than a year of virtual gatherings, we do hope that some of us have the chance to meet and enjoy playing music together in person. We really want to make this happen, and the club would like to help in any way that we can.
Please contact Hilary Davies if you would like more information.