The Sweet Sounds and Singing Strings of Dedicated Dulcimers
For anyone who enjoys the melodious sound of dulcimers – both hammered and mountain style – Roving Folk, on Phoenix Radio in Halifax, West Yorkshire – in association with the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club – brings you the:
Our aim is to give the Newsletter an added audio dimension. The latest edition of Dulcimer Junction continues to support the music and information printed in the Nonsuch Newsletter – and includes contributions from Nonsuch members – Geoff Smith & Dan Evans – and links to a number of articles within the newsletter.
We find out who inspired Joellen Lapidus – teacher of the mountain dulcimer; we celebrate Chris Coe being awarded her EFDSS Gold Badge; Pete Coe tells of the formation of The New Victory Band; and we also have further music and songs from Richard & Mimi Farina, Roger Nicholson, Jez Lowe, Jimmy Cooper and The New Victory Band.
The Nonsuch Newsletter goes out to our members once a quarter, you can join here!
Playlist & Links for Audio Supplement No.5
- Joellen Lapidus – Appalachian Medley
- Richard & Mimi Farina – Pack Up Your Sorrows
- Geoff Smith – Pale Powder Blue (final part) from the album Mina
- Dan Evans & Roger Nicholson – Monck’s March
- Roger Nicholson, Jake Walton and Gerry Roff – Father Halpin’s Topcoat
- Jez Lowe – Dandelion Clocks
- Jimmy Cooper – Isle of Capri, Play to me Gypsy
- The New Victory Band– Long, Long Trail
- Pete Coe – Michael Turner’s Waltz
- Roger Nicholson – Nonsuch
- The New Victory Band – The Mountain Belle
Bill Leader Book – https://www.soundingthecentury.com/
Previous editions of Dulcimer Junction can be found on Mixcloud.