We are almost full! Please check for availability for places. Also let us know if you would like to be notified of cancellations.
The Nonsuch Dulcimer Club is pleased to invite you to join us in person at our Annual Weekend & AGM 2023, which will be held at The Hayes Conference Centre from 13th to the 17th October, 2023.
This is a well-equipped venue, with all bedrooms en-suite, and lovely common areas including lounges and a reasonably priced bar. Food is plentiful and good. In addition to breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, tea/coffee is available all day. The Hayes is set in beautiful grounds near Swanwick in Derbyshire with easy access to the M1.
B&B options and camping are available in the area.
There will be workshops for hammered and mountain dulcimer at every level of ability from complete beginner to advanced players.
- Karen Ashbrook (USA) Hammered Dulcimer
- Stephen Seifert (USA) Mountain Dulcimer
- Stephen Humphries (USA) Hammered Dulcimer
- Aaron O’Rourke (USA) Mountain Dulcimer
- Various UK tutors – Beginner Hammered Dulcimer & Mountain Dulcimer
We are offering a full 3-day weekend (Friday evening – Monday afternoon) and a 2-day weekend (Fri-Sun) option. We also offer a non-residential option, and an option to extend the weekend by staying Monday night and travelling home on Tuesday. Residential places are limited so we advise you to book early.
We extend a warm welcome to hammered and mountain dulcimer players of all ability levels. Our weekend programme offers three separate levels of workshops (beginner, advanced beginner/intermediate and intermediate/advanced).
There will be advanced beginner/intermediate and intermediate/advanced workshops on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (3 workshop per day, 9 in total). Beginner workshops take place on Saturday and Sunday (6 in total). On Monday, beginners are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to check out our guest tutors. Our tutor line-up includes well-known performers and teachers to help you enjoy learning new skills.
On Friday night, there will be a concert featuring our guest tutors.
On Saturday night, there will be an Open-Stage Concert, which is open to all weekend participants. We encourage you to take part, and not necessarily on dulcimer – other instruments, readings, performances are always fun. There’s also plenty of time for regular and slow sessions, some with leaders, and for some informal dancing!
We have several booking options available:
|Nonsuch Annual Weekend 2023 – Fees||Early Bird||After|
|Resident 3 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Mon)||£400||£420|
|Resident 2 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Sun)||£270||£290|
|Non-resident 3 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Mon)||£300||£320|
|Non-resident 2 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Sun)||£200||£220|
|Student resident 3 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Mon)||£285||£285|
|Student resident 2 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Sun)||£190||£190|
|Student non-resident 3 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Mon)||£185||£185|
|Student non-resident 2 days (5pm Fri to 4pm Sun)||£125||£125|
|B&B Monday night – Full!||was £75||was £75|
What you need to know about Booking:
- We are close to capacity so please wait to hear that you have definitely been allocated a place before paying your fee.
- Regular rates apply from July 1st.
- Booking deadline is September 14th, 2023. No bookings will be accepted after that time.
- Cancellation & Refunds: please read our cancellation policy here.
- Payment is by bank transfer or by cheque please. Paypal is available only by exception (non-UK bookings) – please contact us.
- Please contact us in confidence if you wish to arrange to pay by instalments.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult guardian – please give guardian’s details when booking, and/or contact us for more information.
- Pets are not permitted on The Hayes site at any time.
- No motor homes or camping are permitted on The Hayes site overnight.
- Please note that The Hayes cannot provide special diets unless notified at time of booking.
- We ask for your playing level to help us plan workshop logistics. If you are unsure about your playing level, please refer to the Nonsuch Playing Guidelines.
Note: Registration closes after 26th September.
Please contact Shirley Warbrick if you have questions, or would like more information. Do come and join us. You will be most welcome!