The Sweet Sounds and Singing Strings of Dedicated Dulcimers
For anyone who enjoys the melodious sound of dulcimers – both hammered and mountain style – Roving Folk, on Phoenix Radio in Halifax, West Yorkshire – in association with the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club – brings you the:
Our aim is to give the Newsletter an added audio dimension. In this 6th edition of the audio supplement, we have contributions from Nonsuch members – and links to a number of articles within the newsletter.
We find out more about the stringed instrument called the Zither – we say a sad but fond farewell to mountain dulcimer maestro, John Shaw – and we have music and songs from John Rea, Pete Coe, Chris Foster and Damian Clarke with Bill Howarth.
The Nonsuch Newsletter goes out to our members once a quarter, you can join here!
Playlist & Links for Audio Supplement No.6
- Ken And Brad Kolodner – Turkey in The Pea Patch
- Martin Carthy – Third Man Theme. Info on The Carthy Chronicles.
- Anton Karas – Third Man Theme
- Shirley Abicair – Green Willow
- Etienne de Lavaulx – Wayfaring Stranger
- Damian Clarke – Humstrum – Meet me on the corner See Charity CD
- John Shaw – The Farmers Farewell to the Banquet. See John’s fomd page, and check out the makers of John Shaw’s electric dulcimer
- Elecampane – Love is Pleasing
- The Tornados – Telstar
- John Shaw – God Moved on the Water
- John Rea – Maid in the Meadow & Castlebar Races. Watch a video of John Rea here, and hear the music recording here.
- Pete Coe – Wait till the Clouds Roll By. Background on this song and lyrics are here
Previous editions of Dulcimer Junction can be found on Mixcloud.