The Sweet Sounds and Singing Strings of Dedicated Dulcimers
For anyone who enjoys the melodious sound of dulcimers – both hammered and mountain style – Roving Folk, on Phoenix Radio in Halifax, West Yorkshire – in association with the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club – brings you the:
Our aim is to give the Newsletter an added audio dimension. The latest edition of Dulcimer Junction continues to support the music and information printed in the Nonsuch Newsletter – and includes contributions from Nonsuch members – and links to a number of articles within the newsletter.
Among the variety of sounds in Dulcimer Junction No.11, you will find – Angeline Morrison singing a lovely traditional springtime song – there’s a new CD from Ken Kolodner – contributions from the late John Howson and also the late John Shaw – a couple of recordings from The Night of the Living Dulcimers – and some tunes for you to listen to – and play (if you have a fancy to).
The Nonsuch Newsletter goes out to our members once a quarter, you can join here!
Playlist & Links for Audio Supplement No.11
- Angeline Morrison – Bonny Cuckoo (Roud 24351) YouTube video
- Angeline Morrison – Unknown African Boy official YouTube video
- Mary Lynn Michal with Ken Kolodner et al – Promenade a Monaco
- The Valiant Band – Green Grow the Rushes & Coastal Memories
- The Old Hat Concert Party – Waiting for the Wagon & Dennington Bell Katie Howson’s website, Youtube links: Old Hat Concert Party 1989, Old Hat Band 1989 at Felixstowe Folk Weekend
- John Shaw – The Devil and the Farmers Wife
- John Gisbey & Anni Brooks – Mississippi Sawyer YouTube video
- Bill Howarth & The How-High-Hoods – John Barleycorn
- Tom Anderson – Da Slockit Light YouTube video
- Folk Dance Band – Nancy’s Fancy Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
- Damian Clarke – The Saucy Sailor YouTube video
- The High Level Ranters – The Lads of North Tyne & Redesdale Hornpipe YouTube video, Johnny Handle Folk Singer
Previous editions of Dulcimer Junction can be found on Mixcloud.